Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Hardware Hacking

Submission + - From "happy hacking" to "screw you" (virishi.net)

tquid writes: Trying to bridge the digital divide in Canada's poorest postal code, a principled group of hackers adopt "open source"-based technology spun off from an MIT project. Then the terms on the hardware are changed, and changed again, and then firmware to lock out the frustrated group's software is installed, screwing them out of their investment and many hours of development work.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

From "happy hacking" to "screw you"

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...