Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Medicine Robotics

Man With Quadriplegia Controls Robot Arm With Mind 70

awtbfb writes "Tim Hemmes, with the help of University of Pittsburgh researchers, successfully controlled a robot arm in three dimensions. He's had quadriplegia for seven years. The feat was accomplished using implanted ECoG electrodes and weeks of computer training. From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 'Ever since his accident, Mr. Hemmes said, he's had the goal of hugging his daughter Jaylei.' Next up are six more 30-day participants, followed by a year-long study."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Man With Quadriplegia Controls Robot Arm With Mind

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...