An anonymous reader writes "The RoboSub 2011 competition final was held on July 17. Each year, teams from around the world gather to see who has the best autonomous underwater vehicle. The goal of the competition is to complete an obstacle course with no human intervention. This year a team from Montreal, Canada — team SONIA AUV from ETS — won first place."
Read on for a list of the top-placing teams.
- 1st Place: ETS Team SONIA (awarded $7,000)
- 2nd Place: Cornell University (awarded $4000)
- 3rd Place: University of Florida (awarded $3,000)
- 4th Place: Reykjavik University (awarded $2,000)
- 5th Place: University of Maryland (awarded $500)
- 6th Place: University of Rhode Island ($500)
- 7th Place: United States Naval Academy
- 8th Place: NC State